We know things need to be different from what they have been in the past but moving forward is not always easy.
Reduced to a single word we need to have more GRIT when it comes to pursuing our goals and dreams. Being bold has never been for the unsure, the weak, or those easily swayed by others.
“More GRIT not only starts essential momentum, but it also adds power to your intentions.”
So how do we pursue this thing called GRIT?
Five Steps to Adding More GRIT in your life
1) Not being swayed from your objective. What do you want? Add clarity, give your vision a pulse and make it real. Live with it, sleep with it and then go after it with focus and determination, go after it with GRIT.
2) What do you have to change? Identify the hurdles, the curves in the road and the stumbling blocks that have sidelined you in the past. Is it peer pressure, or is it innate fear that leaves you standing on the side of the road with your feet in your shoes? Think about it and prepare so when doubts, obstacles, and bad habits show up, you can put them aside and move forward with GRIT.
3) Have a plan. Be fluid, flow with the tides of change and keep your goals clear but be willing to be flexible on how you’re going to get across the goal line. Don’t be so focused on the small steps that you are unable to adapt and find another road to the object of your desire. GRIT requires unexpected creativity.
4) Create a compelling reason why. Why do I want to do this? Ask yourself, what is my level of dissatisfaction with the way things are currently. The bigger the why, the more GRIT you will have in your corner.
5) Prepare to pay the price. Everything in life has a cost. What will this cost me financially, socially, physically, intellectually, and emotionally? Drill down, be holistic in your understanding of your actions and the consequences of who I am and what I want. Once you understand and accept the impact, the more natural it is to move forward with GRIT.
Most importantly move beyond the words into formidable action.
Words are the most straightforward piece of the puzzle. But the words alone will not give you the determination and GRIT you need to make it happen.
Intentional action is where the rubber hits the road and where sustainable success becomes the result. It is where GRIT becomes a forward force. Choose to Think World Class and use these five steps to put yourself in the right lane.
So tell me; could you use more GRIT in your life?
For a limited time, I am offering a free coaching session to a select few individuals. Should you be interested, drop me a line in care of brent@ThinkWorldClass.com and let’s set up something that’s mutually convenient. I am looking forward to talking to you soon.
Think World Class ~ Live Larger and Breathe Easier